Join us in person on the day to hear from leading voices in food, farming and climate, to contribute to the debate and network with the sector.
The summit will consider meat and dairy production and consumption in the context of the climate and nature emergency, where inspiring work and opportunities exist, and the assumptions and underlying values about meat which have shaped our policy to date.
From civil society to retailers, farmers to food writers, we will bring stakeholders together to explore the science and our many assumptions about meat and dairy, and where and how we can find common ground on this urgent issue.
We are thrilled to announce the following speakers on the day, with more to follow:
- Professor Tim Benton, Professor of Population Ecology, University of Leeds & Research Director, Chatham House
- Dr Rupy Aulja, Founder, The Doctor’s Kitchen
- Nic Renison, Cumbrian Regenerative Farmer
- Henry Mance, Chief Features Writer, Financial Times
- Jyoti Fernandes, Campaigns & Policy Coordinator, Landworkers’ Alliance
- Rob Percival, Head of Food Policy, Soil Association & Author of the ‘Meat Paradox’
- David Burrowes, Associate Editor, Food Service Footprint, and Environmental journalist for Farmer’s Guardian, The Grocer and Just Food
- Simon Billing, Executive Director, Eating Better
- Peter Greig, Founder, Piper’s Farm
Registration from 1:30pm
Keynote: Reviewing the Data and exploring recent trends
Panel: What does better but less look like?
Panel: How can the transition tackle rising living costs and inequality?
Break and networking
Panel: What do we need from Government to progress?
Panel: How do we move the public debate on to solutions?
Networking, drinks and refreshments on the terrace from 5 pm onwards
Tickets are available for £15 per person. There are some tickets available for those on a low (or no) income. If you have any questions about the event, please email email@example.com.
Published 12 Oct 2022
Sustain: Sustain The alliance for better food and farming advocates food and agriculture policies and practices that enhance the health and welfare of people and animals, improve the working and living environment, enrich society and culture and promote equity.
Support our charity
Donate to enhance the health and welfare of people, animals and the planet.