To celebrate all that has been learnt and achieved across the network we hosted the Food Power festival from 17 - 20 May 2021.
The online Food Power Festival was a four-day celebration of the Food Power network filled with workshops, panels, films and performance. People with lived experience, food poverty alliances, food partnerships, local authorities, food banks, academics and a host of others working to tackle the root causes of food insecurity joined.
Attendees shared learning from across the Food Power network and beyond, reflected on and celebrated the work of food poverty alliances around the country, regrouped, recharged and planned for the recovery from the pandemic.
We recreated a festival atmosphere with a variety of sessions and a different theme each day, as shared in the final programme. Most sessions were recorded and are shared below.
Watch the sessions
- Building a food poverty alliance
- A master class in surveys and indicators
- Making ‘cash first’ the default option
- Holiday food provision: From pilots to nationwide scale up
- Healthy Start/Best Start learning network
- What now for meals deliveries and healthier ready meals?
- Bridging the gap through alternative retail models
- A national perspective on an unexpected year
- Connecting food poverty and climate change
- Making resilience a reality: Stories from the ‘beyond Covid-19’ projects
- The right to food: Where are we now and where do we want to be?
- Penny's story
- Ellis Howard video for the Food Power Festival
Published 17 May 2021
Food Poverty: Over 5 million people in the UK struggle to get enough to eat. We’re working to change that through people-powered projects and campaigns that tackle the root causes of food poverty and ensure everyone has dignified access to healthy, affordable food.
Support our work
Your donation will help communities identify ways to alleviate food poverty and increase access to healthy food.