You will need:
'Reading food labels' poster, The Food Commission
(provided with this pack or tel: 020 7837 2250 for more copies)
Questions and activities
(1) Who produced this poster?
(2) What is the purpose of this poster?
(3) How could you contact The Food Commission?
(4) Why do the writers say that good food labelling is important?
(5) What do these terms mean;
a. Use by
b. Best before
d. Fair trade
e. Free-range eggs
f. Barn eggs
(6) What is the purpose of the following food additives;
(7) How is the list of ingredients ordered?
(8) Why might a label saying '90% fat free' mislead consumers?
(9) What's the difference between 'cheesy flavour crisps
and 'cheese flavoured crisps?
(10) What's the difference between 'pure fruit juice' and a 'fruit