Vision Statement: NE Food Access Forum
- To promote access to fresh, affordable, sustainable and culturally appropriate food, in the North East region, e.g. by establishing food co-ops or growing schemes.
- To be a forum to exchange information and promote good practice between existing and new projects and networks in the region.
- To be respected for its expertise in addressing the issues of ‘good food’ access for all in the North East.
- To develop a co-ordinated approach to work around food and to have an influential regional ‘voice’ with the capacity to lobby for change where appropriate.
- To seek new members and promote the network throughout the North East region.
Achievement of vision
- Hold meetings at regular intervals for members and associates of the North East Food Access Forum and their partners.
- Vary the locations of meetings and visits to different parts of the North East region.
- Arrange visits, speakers and presentations on a variety of themes and topics at quarterly meetings, in collaboration with network members.
- Support the development of individual and collective capacity, for example, by supporting and training of volunteers, where resources do not exist elsewhere.
- Identify opportunities for partnerships between members to help co-ordinate activities and reduce duplication.
- Support community food projects to carry out effective project evaluations and to develop sustainability plans.
- Support the development of links between urban and rural sectors.
- Keep up-to-date with and respond to national, regional and local strategies and policy developments when appropriate.
- Promote learning through the organisation of project visits and away-days